Skip to main content

Red Hulk: Marvel Universe Figure Review

I like Rulk better.

The Red Hulk's only coolness factor to me was that he was initially drawn by Ed McGuiness. At the time I thought that he was another phase of the Hulk, so I didn't pay him no mind. But actually knowing who he is, makes him kinda cool. Because as I was explaining to my brother about the Red Hulk (he had no idea) I also mentioned how I liked Joe Fixit and The Professor aka Smart Hulk.

So Rulk is like both of them combined.




Why Did I Buy This Figure?: I had noticed Rulk before, he was originally released around the same time Target had their Marvel Legends Exclusives. But back then I was into Sigma 6 so I decided to not buy him. But at New York Comic Con I had seen the regular Hulks on display as well as The Thing. So I was aware of him.

Now that Marvel Universe can be purchased at half the price sometimes, it's more tempting to pick them up.


Where Did I Buy This Figure?: My first figure was at Target for the retail price of $7.99. I picked up some more when Toys R Us had their 2 for 10.99 sale.



Face Sculpt: This guy is one ugly SOB, I like the look from the front view. But looking at the head from an angle and from the side. Not so cool. But the Yellow eyes are a nice touch.



Accessories: All you get is a S.H.I.E.L.D file, which is now extinct. Rulk does not need a base so i don't miss it as much. But we really need to get extras with these guys. I'm guessing Hasbro is wracking their brain thinking on what to include with these guys. NO LAUNCHERS PLEASE! Give us flight stands or energy blasts.



Articulation: Lazy me. When I update the picture I will post it but for now here's what you get.
  • Swivel Neck
  • Ball Hinged Shoulders
  • Swivel Wrist
  • Ball Hinged Elbows
  • Ball Hinged Hips
  • Ball Hinged Torso
  • Ball Hinged Knees
  • Hinged Ankles



Final Verdict: This is my first Hulk, well my first old school Hulk. I got World War Hulk before that. So I like him. Despite the downsides that most reviewers give the Hulk legs online. I like this figure. He's massive and colorful. Red Hulk like!



Should You Buy It?: I say yes. Unlike the Hulk who is a mainstay of the Marvel Universe and will get many re-releases. Red Hulk is a character that is fairly new. We're lucky enough to get him already.
Besides he's a constant reminder that gamma rays will get rid of your mustache and wrinkles.




"There's Spider-Woman she likes big stong men and the color red."



Curse You Pick Up Artists!


Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Halo Micro Ops Wish list!

OK! So series 1 is in stores which consists in:




Warthog and Mongoose2 ODST Drop PodsGhost and Wolf Spider TurretBansheeFalconHigh Ground BunkerHigh Ground GateHigh Ground Tower We know Series 2 which comes out next year consist of these guys:

Top 10 Halo Reach Figures!!!

To end the year of doom 2012, I'm making this list and checking it twice.

Sadly the most you will find in stores is series 6. All these figures are awesome. EVEN THE SABRE PILOT!!! (with his obnoxious eyebrows).

So here you go, from 10 to 1...

MY TOP 10 HALO REACH ACTION FIGURES!!!

 10. Carter:



The leader of Noble Team and one of the coolest armor designs comes in at number 10. Not because he's the worst, but because it might be too obvious if he's number 1. I love the Commando armor, the blue color and the distinctive markings.