Skip to main content

Super Hero Squad Beta up and running

Ok Squaddies, time to HERO UP!

Me as The Falcon at the Daily Bugle
Me as Cyclops at the Baxter Building

A while back when I was enjoying the Super Hero Squad on various websites (Cartoon Network and Marvel.Com) I came across the video for the Super Hero Squad online. and I signed up for the beta. I know a lot of people do beta testing, but I just wanted to get my Marvel video game fix. (2 other games I enjoyed was Stark Tower Defense and Avengers Bunker Battles. They were free!)



So yesterday I got my beta code and created an account. I used Fraps to record video and will be compiling it together into one video.

But for now let me say some first impressions.

  1. This game is like Clone Wars Online,  it's various games in one. With central place for meet ups. So far the beta has 2. (Baxter Building and Daily Bugle)
  2. You can buy characters, missions, furniture and food. I found the food part to be a little annoying and unnecessary.
  3. I thought that at HQ you could do things to build up your characters levels. But building up can be done at the waiting places, or by doing missions.
  4. You can do missions solo or with other people.
  5. You start off with 4 characters. Ms. Marvel, Cyclops, The Thing and The Falcon.
  6. Characters you can buy. Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Reptil, Spider-Girl, Storm, Wolverine, Wasp and Giant Man. I saw Captain America and Jean running around but they weren't in the store.
  7. I don't know if you can die during the missions. But I never dies 3 times so I don't know.
  8. You collect gold and silver coins during missions and at the meet up place that can be used to buy stuff.
That doesn't mean that it's not a fun game to play.



I bought the Star Trek beta a while back, but my computer was lagging. And it made the experience un-fun. But I like it.

There are only 2 problems I had while playing. And it was with Ms. Marvel. There is a stage where after you defeat all the enemies a gate is supposed to open (This is in the Doc Ock Stage) I had to start over and play with The thing. And then while battling the annihilation wave, I picked up an item that looked like a missile and the game started chopping up. after a while it fixed itself.

Other than that I would only recommend to them that they make it possible to buy coins and tickets. Not everyone wants to spend a lifetime character building.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Halo Micro Ops Wish list!

OK! So series 1 is in stores which consists in:




Warthog and Mongoose2 ODST Drop PodsGhost and Wolf Spider TurretBansheeFalconHigh Ground BunkerHigh Ground GateHigh Ground Tower We know Series 2 which comes out next year consist of these guys:

Top 10 Halo Reach Figures!!!

To end the year of doom 2012, I'm making this list and checking it twice.

Sadly the most you will find in stores is series 6. All these figures are awesome. EVEN THE SABRE PILOT!!! (with his obnoxious eyebrows).

So here you go, from 10 to 1...

MY TOP 10 HALO REACH ACTION FIGURES!!!

 10. Carter:



The leader of Noble Team and one of the coolest armor designs comes in at number 10. Not because he's the worst, but because it might be too obvious if he's number 1. I love the Commando armor, the blue color and the distinctive markings.