|Me as The Falcon at the Daily Bugle|
|Me as Cyclops at the Baxter Building|
A while back when I was enjoying the Super Hero Squad on various websites (Cartoon Network and Marvel.Com) I came across the video for the Super Hero Squad online. and I signed up for the beta. I know a lot of people do beta testing, but I just wanted to get my Marvel video game fix. (2 other games I enjoyed was Stark Tower Defense and Avengers Bunker Battles. They were free!)
So yesterday I got my beta code and created an account. I used Fraps to record video and will be compiling it together into one video.
But for now let me say some first impressions.
- This game is like Clone Wars Online, it's various games in one. With central place for meet ups. So far the beta has 2. (Baxter Building and Daily Bugle)
- You can buy characters, missions, furniture and food. I found the food part to be a little annoying and unnecessary.
- I thought that at HQ you could do things to build up your characters levels. But building up can be done at the waiting places, or by doing missions.
- You can do missions solo or with other people.
- You start off with 4 characters. Ms. Marvel, Cyclops, The Thing and The Falcon.
- Characters you can buy. Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Reptil, Spider-Girl, Storm, Wolverine, Wasp and Giant Man. I saw Captain America and Jean running around but they weren't in the store.
- I don't know if you can die during the missions. But I never dies 3 times so I don't know.
- You collect gold and silver coins during missions and at the meet up place that can be used to buy stuff.
I bought the Star Trek beta a while back, but my computer was lagging. And it made the experience un-fun. But I like it.
There are only 2 problems I had while playing. And it was with Ms. Marvel. There is a stage where after you defeat all the enemies a gate is supposed to open (This is in the Doc Ock Stage) I had to start over and play with The thing. And then while battling the annihilation wave, I picked up an item that looked like a missile and the game started chopping up. after a while it fixed itself.
Other than that I would only recommend to them that they make it possible to buy coins and tickets. Not everyone wants to spend a lifetime character building.
I'll keep you guys updated.