Skip to main content

Takara Tomy Attempting to Ban Third Party Items in Japan? Well Duh!

If you click the title of the post it will take you to the news article I'm referring to.

And I want to yell. WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN??!!

No matter how you name the product everyone and their mom knows that these are supposed to be transformers. And it's not that Takara wants to be a jerk. But in terms of copyright. If you let someone get away with something for a while you loose the right to claim copy right.

So they are protecting their interest.

I've never been a fan of these fan made transformer thingies. So I'm glad Takara's stepping up. It's time Hasbro does the same.

The smart thing that they needed to do was to create their own designs not based on any transformers out there. But I never owned any of these Transformers fan toys, so I can't say I know the quality of the toys.

But I do know for something that you can't count on, I would never pay the prices that's asked for them.

I would compair this situation to the Bandai/TT Hongli lawsuit. It's not exactly infringment, more like theft. But iwth the resources TT Hongli had they could have done better.

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Halo Micro Ops Wish list!

OK! So series 1 is in stores which consists in:




Warthog and Mongoose2 ODST Drop PodsGhost and Wolf Spider TurretBansheeFalconHigh Ground BunkerHigh Ground GateHigh Ground Tower We know Series 2 which comes out next year consist of these guys: