Skip to main content

Walgreens steps up its Halo Reach game!

At the beginning of the month of September 2012, Walgreens implemented a rewards program. This my friends is a good think.





If you might have noticed Walgreens has bought out Duane Reade. Which had it's own rewards program. But since Dueane Reade never carried any action figures, I don't shop there much.

Walgreens has it's on halo reach exclusive, the coveted Spartan JFO, which has made a lot of fans scratch there heads. I always knew they carried toys, and I have a 24 hour store close to me so it's like toys 24/7!




The upside to the rewards program is that a lot of store that didn't carry Halo Figures now do. Although if you don't mind paying shipping, you can but the exclusive from spawn.com

In the past there were only 3 stores here in NYC that carried Halo Reach figures. 1 in the Bronx, 1 in Queens and 1 in Brooklyn.

And believe me I have stopped at every Walgreens I've seen and found no Halo stuff!



The downside though is a little darker...

The program went into full effect on the 16th, but to this day I android app does not list any points. Also I had to call Walgreens to link the account I created in the store with the one I created online.

I signed up at the insistence of a cashier, and all she took was my name, address and phone number.

For 2 weeks I used the card and on the receipt no points were accumulating.

The other downside (there's another?!) is that the rewards plan is not as great as my main squeeze Ritre Aid.
With Walgreens the points chart is like this:

  • 5,000 = $5.00
  • 10,000 = $10.00
  • 18,000 = $20.00
  • 30,000 = $35.00
  • 40,000 = $50.00

So when you reach 1,000 points at Rite Aid you get 20% off everything in the store. (Halo figures for $11.99!) But with Walgreens you have to work 4,000 times harder just to save 5 dollars!

It took me about a year to get 1,000 points at Rite Aid. Lets see how long it takes to get 5,000.

 Edit: One of the cashiers told me today that only certain items have rewards points. And from my experience that doesn't include Halo. Oh well you can't win all the time.

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Halo Micro Ops Wish list!

OK! So series 1 is in stores which consists in:




Warthog and Mongoose2 ODST Drop PodsGhost and Wolf Spider TurretBansheeFalconHigh Ground BunkerHigh Ground GateHigh Ground Tower We know Series 2 which comes out next year consist of these guys: