Skip to main content

Disney Buys Lucasfilm For 4.05 Billion!

..and they plan to make Star Wars VII. The Return of the Emperor! LOL Just kidding about the title.


Disney is boss now!


Last weekend I learned that you don't mess with the mouse. I went to Target last Sunday to get "Tinkerbell: Secret Of The Wings" for my niece. Only to find an empty shelf, and the scanner tell me there were none in the store.

Wow! I had enough luck going to Best Buy and getting it. But, REALLY?! The movie came out on Tuesday, and the shelves were empty.

Disney really knows it's market. That's why the put stuff in the vault. You don't keep a business running for more than 75 years and not learn a few tricks.

I for one am surprised, but not that much. I've always known that the best crowd to market to is children. They watch the cartoons, and buy the toys. Well it's the parents who do all the buying. And what parent won't get their kid something when they deserve it or not.

What surprises me is that they have Marvel and now Lucasfilm. That's a lot of money!

I'm guessing ol George wants to retire, he said he was retiring after Red Tails. And the clone wars cartoon seems to be tanking. The return of Darth Maul? Really?

The employees will still have their jobs. But Lucas will be chillaxing in the sun.

I for one think this is a good thing. When Lucas was behind the camera things sucked. When he's involved in the creative process, things eventually suck.

There will be enough money for that live action Star Wars show. And we will see new Star Wars movies that won't suck. Remember Disney loves death, despite what you may be lead to believe.





It's gonna be a hell of a ride!

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Halo Micro Ops Wish list!

OK! So series 1 is in stores which consists in:




Warthog and Mongoose2 ODST Drop PodsGhost and Wolf Spider TurretBansheeFalconHigh Ground BunkerHigh Ground GateHigh Ground Tower We know Series 2 which comes out next year consist of these guys: