Hello dear readers. This year I was very Halo Reach focused. And since it's almost the end of this year let's look back at what my keen action figure mind noticed in stores!
|My current favorite peg warmer!|
|6 months later. These show up in Target again.|
|Hey, he looks just like Wolverine!|
|No one loves you, Lady Deathstrike.|
|Hasbro Legends now with more air!|
Now Hasbro wants you to be happy with a figure and a piece of build a figure. And out of spite, now they've reduced the size of the build a figure and this years series 3 just had lame bases.
The character selection isn't that great. Hope?! Constrictor?! Klaw?! Madame Mask?! Madame (I'm Ugly) Hydra?! Big Time Spidey?! Drax?! Another Iron Man based on the peg warmer Extremis design?! Talk about being out of touch with your audience.
|A Marvel Legends variant in Rite -Aid?! Say it isn't so!|
The $14.99 price tag is on the same level as Halo Reach figures so it doesn't come off as expensive, but I have no interest in the line. If I see Deadpool I'm putting him on Ebay. :)
|Everyone loves the Pool! Get it?!|
|Likeits1985's gift to me.|
|Hard to find. Ugly to look at.|
I love the packaging though, and the use of the CGI artwork for the characters. But the line isn't doing as well as it should be if the figures are starting to show up in discount stores, and some figures have been cancelled.
|$6.99! Didn't this toy come out this year!|
|An ugly truckling.|
|Look at the gap in his chest!|
YO JOE!! Or for this year, NO GO!!! The Retaliation stuff looks as bad as the Rise Of Cobra stuff. I did buy some figures from Rise of Cobra, but it was the cool stuff like Helix and Flash that weren't in the movie.
|Pretty good for a movie figure|
|Gundam 00P better than AGE.|
Gundam 00 brought me back into the fold after SEED made me leave. The character and mecha designs of Gundam AGE were not good. After seeing that nothing happened in the first 5 episodes I jumped ship. By Episode 5 in Gundam 00, Allelujah was saving a space station from some terrorists!!
|Save the day!|
The 6 month gap between OVA's didn't help either.
I haven't built any gundam kits, because I haven't had the time. In the past I've regretted selling off some master grades I didn't have time to build. So for now I'm holding onto the ones I have. So when I have the time I can get back to work.
|Is this post over yet?!|
- I stuck with Halo Reach and as I always do, I was able to play catchup and get most of the figures from the line that weren't exclusives. Thanks to Spawn.com and Rite-Aid.
- As a retailer, I realized that Gundam merchandise doesn't have the consumer base it used to. There are still fans but the product is too expensive for them.
- Halo is for the occasional gamer. It's popular but obscure, if that makes sense. It might be the mature rating and the fact that not everybody plays shooter games.
- Marvel is the most popular line out there. With the success of Marvel Legends it just proves it. And they have lots of product in stores, from Squinkies to Hot Toys. If you were to invest money in a company let it be Marvel Comics.
- G.I. Joe has hit a decline. There is no cartoon on TV, and the previous one got cancelled. Or put on Hiatus (which is a nice way of looking at it). Having the movie moved to next year was a major set back. And something I've never seen happen to a film before.
- Modern Transformer toys are too complicated for the little kids these days. I think kids have the same mentality as me. Just open the package and play. The franchise is popular, but the toys aren't. I think it's mostly nostalgia. I can understand how it's easier to watch robots fight and bicker, than it is to transform a toy.
|My Adorable Nephew and Niece|
- Regular Show
- Adventure Time
- Monster High
- Role Playing Video Games
- Action Figures (What kind I don't know. That's what my Sister sent me.)
|My Spartan IV|
- In the Marvel Universe line: More X-Men and Avengers
- In the Halo 4 line: Team Majestic
- In the Transformers line: cool vehicle designs that transform into cool robot designs.
- And a new Gundam show that looks good and doesn't suck.